Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What happens week before show?

Regarding training. Monday , Tuesday, Wednesday, I do a cardio in the morning and a light full body in the evening. My last session is on Wednesday. Your body need to rest , if muscles are injured from training, you will retain water.

The Monday before the show date, I start reducing my carbs.

In this week I keep my diet really clean, and sticking to proteins like eggs, fish, chicken, carbs like yams, and veggies like peppers, asparagus, artichokes and less starchy veggies.

I drink loads of water. Up to 6L per day. Thursday I start taking a natural diuretic, reduce water to 1.5L for the day. Friday I take 500mL for the day. Saturday I just wet lips. lol.

I like to use Jan Tana competition colour. This gives a really nice skintone on stage and does not rub off. Ladies a normal salon spraytan is NOT dark enough. You can throw away all your hard work with a tan that is not dark enough. Be careful! Protan is also a good choice and if the federation allows it, Dream tan. (it applies like nugget, lol, i hate it! )

Half and hour before stage time I have some High GI carbs to get the blood pumping.

And them BOOOOM! It happens! Shake your tushi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...