Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lower body training for the next 8 weeks.


I was very happy with the results from my previous training plan.  My aim was to keep/reduce the size of my quads.                                                                                 I have naturally very big quads, therefor i train them with light weights and just try to tone them.  They have not increased, so my goal was reached.                                                                                                       I   do concentrate alot on glutes training. This is such a difficult muscle to tone! And such an important part of bikini division!
Here's my breakdown.  Effective from Monday 23 April 2012

Legs session 1:

Glutes:

1.  Flutter kicks
2.  Hip extensions with cable
3.  Barbell Glutes bridge
4.  Glutes kickbacks - machine
5.  Glutes kickback longer extension - machine

Quads:

6.  Barbell full squat
7.  Pistol squats
8.  Lunges - dumbbell
9.  Smith machine wide squats

Legs session 2:

Hamstrings:

1.  Stiff legged dumbbell deadlifts
2.  Bands - good mornings
3.  Ball leg curl

Calves:

4.  Calves raises.  Weighted
5.  Seated calve raises

Plyo:

6.  Travelling lunges
7.  Lunge set  -  50 35 20 35 50 (Stephen sets)
8.  Jumps.  very low and very high




No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...