Monday, October 15, 2012

Tight legs and Buns!

Morning All... 

I have been getting loads of requests for  a post about lower body training.  So, I will post my top exercises for shaping quads and glutes

I do not load lots of weight on my legs anymore, because my quads turn into monsters quite fast! I am really prone to muscle building. Very typical of the mesomorph body shape.  I use medicine ball ( 4 -6kg) or just go with body weight.  By doing this I have managed to really slim my upper legs.  I do however add as much weigh as my injured back can handle, to bum exercises! CAUSE WE WANT TO BUILD THEM! TIGHT BOOOOOTY!!  

Do not think that my leg workouts are light, or easy ===== I just go high reps! very high reps! It is extremely exhausting! 

I found this useful pics. Will try to explain best I can how I do them! 


This is just a normal ball squat.  I do these by dropping down, put down the ball, come back up, drop down and pick up your ball. Focus on form, and contraction.  

The one I follow with, is the same, BUT, as you get to the top, twist your upper body to the one side, and then the other, and drop down. 
Drop LOW! Feel the burrrrn! :)









Next movement.  I do not slam the ball down however... I simply swing.  Repeat. 












One leg bent overs. Ah.. this one can burn. You need to do so many it must BURN! I use one weight, lean down low, put the weight down, come up, go down, and pick the weight up again. Keep the glute contracted entire time! If its not hurting, you are not doing it right! 







Pistol squats. THIS IS A CHALLENGE!!! 
See how many you can do! Give me your scores?? I will do them today and let you know! haha! 






Step ups.  I do however use a very high bench, because i REALLY want to incorporate the glute.  Makes it more effective. I use heavier weights for these, but you just start at any comfort level...  Just remember, to progress, you have to move out of your comfort level... 










Glute kickbacks! 

We are lucky enough to have a machine for this at my gym.  But, this is what the movement looks like. You can even try them at the smith machine. or, add ankle weights.? 










This is the only isolation exercise I do.  I do this , because I want to improve the inside teardrop of my quad.  I do just one leg at a time, and slightly rotate my foot outward, so I target the desired muscle. 



Maybe by doing these, you could end up with =======> 




So give it a 'go'... If you have questions. You know where I am! 


Crystallize your goals. Make a plan for achieving them and set yourself a deadline. Then, with supreme confidence, determination and disregard for obstacles and other people's criticisms, carry out your plan. 
Paul J. Meyer 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...