Monday, November 7, 2011

LEG WORKOUT 1 - next 8 weeks

I train my legs with much lighter weights than my arms, because they tend to grow and bulk really fast.  So instead of muscle building exercises, I stick to toning! 


I divided the exercises into categories. I am now really focusing on 'butt toning' lol....


This workout took me 1h15 to complete. 


GLUTES:


1.  Glutes Master;
15kg, 4sets of 15 per leg


2.  One leg cable kickback;
10kg, 3sets of 20 per leg


3.  Cable pull through;
20kg, 4 sets of 15 per leg


HAMSTRINGS


4.  Deadlift;
Bar (10kg) + 15kg, 4 sets of 15 .  Do these very slow and accurate. DO NOT HURT YOUR BACK!!!


QUADS


5.  Cable hip adduction;
10kg,  4sets of 15 per leg - - - - -  THIS IS A KILLER!!!


6.  Leg extension:
5kg, 4 sets of 15 per leg.  
I know 5kg might sound like nothing, but do the movement slow, and be sure to contract the quad when you have fully extended your leg! FEEL THE BURN!


7.  Narrow leg press;
20kg, 4sets of 15


8.  Hip adductor machine.  
Push inward on 23kg.  3 sets of 20
Push outward on 36kg.  3 sets of 20

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
- Newt Gingrich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...