Monday, April 29, 2013

Pumpkin spice muffin with gooey egg

Hello my friends ....

After straying from my Paleo approach for some time, I think it is time to convert and STAY there.  My body is just becoming more and more gluten and lactose intollerant and I think this might be the solution to my problem. 

I have spoken a lot about paleo in the past, but just to recap. This is how Paleo, or else known as 'caveman diet' works. 

Essentially, if it was available thousands of years ago, it's going to have a place in your 

meal plan. This means that your daily diet will primarily consist of meat and fish, plenty of 

fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as nuts and seedsOils are typically allowed in 

moderation and foods to be avoided included dairy products, cereal grainslegumes

starchy vegetables, fatty meats, and foods that are very high in salt content (such as 

processed meat products and salted nuts).

I came up with this recipe yesterday.  It still contains oats, which is actually not allowed on Paleo, but my body does not react bad to it, so I will still keep the oats for a while. :) Yummy oats! haha!

Pumpkin spice muffin recipe:

1 Cup oats
Half cup coconut flour
130  ml egg whites
10g mixed spice (pumpkin spice)
Vanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
50g Almond butter 

Mix everything together well.  This makes 6 muffins. Bake at 190 degrees for 40minutes. 

Calories per serving:  160, 19g Carbs, 6g of fat, 8g of protein.  (1 muffin=1 serving) 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...