Monday, September 10, 2012

Holiday! Some useful tips to stay on track!

Hello my Friends... 

I have been so MIA these last couple of weeks.  I have study submissions, visitors and loads of traveling. Busy times!

Markets offer a variety of fresh veggies! 


I would like to do  a short post on how to stay on top of your game while travelling.  Remember the 80/20 rule here. If you try to eat correct and clean 80% if of the time, the other 20% will not do  too much damage!
My lunch in Ventimille. 

Basic guidelines:

Keep the carbs low!
Hydrate! Drink your water and avoid sugar laden cool drinks!
Eat your fruit with some nuts.


 The nuts lowers the GI of the meal and slows digestion as well as the speed at which the sugars hit your bloodstream = Good!
No carbs in the evening.
When possible, order a salad.
On the beach in Menton! 
I packed my steamer, if you want to be this extreme. ( keep in mind I am 5 weeks out from a contest)
Pack protein bars and shakes.

Juan-les-Pins:  just amazing isn't it? 
Remember to enjoy your time also! For me the eating is not the most important part, it helps alot.  You will retain some water while travelling and remember to not be too hard on yourself. No one is perfect after all! Just do the best  you can do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...