Monday, January 2, 2012

Glutes and Quads training. 8 weeks

Soooooo  I have a new program for the new year! I believe in mixing things up a bit. I am getting started on this program for the next 8 weeks, I am now grouping Glutes and Quads , and hamstrings with Calves.  Since I have shows coming up, I want to get in two leg sessions a week. 
This is how the first one goes. Took me just over and hour to complete.  Really focus on what you are doing and contract the muscles good. See them grow! Visualization is such a powerful tool! Never underestimate it!


Glutes 


1.  Barbell hip thrust
     Bar + 5kg ( i do this light, because of my lower back problem.  If you can go heavier, then do)
     3 Sets of 15
2.  One legged cable kickbacks
     10kg on low pulley
     30 Sets of 20 per leg
3.  Pull through
     20kg on low pulley
      4 sets of 15
4.  Glutes kickbacks machine
     15kg
     4 sets of 15 on each leg


Quads


5.  Barbell squat wide ( do not go to low, need to feel it in the quads, not glutes)
     Bar + 10kg
     3 sets of 20
6.  Barbell close squat (do not go to low, need to feel it in the quads, not glutes)
      Bar + 10kg
     3 sets of 20
7.  Split lunges
     No weight, this is your own choice, my quads grow to fast, so I prefer without! 
     3 sets of 20 per leg
8.  Cable hip adduction
     10kg on low pulley
     3 sets of 12 per leg
9.  Leg extensions
     5kg, I do them light, but very slow and contract the muscle very good
     4 sets of 15 per leg


" It takes practice to hear your true desires. Your passion will often come as a whisper or serendipitous event that reminds you of what's important and what makes you happy."
Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...