Monday, September 23, 2013

My favourite fish recipe, with oven grilled veg

Marinate fish for about an hour in fresh lemon and apricot jam. 





Hello Friends, 

I hope everyone has been great?  I had a very special friend over for dinner today and made her my favourite fish recipe.  

I had a little accident with the salt grinder... lol.  The veg was almost done, when I wanted to give  grind of pink himalayan rock salt. .... and then the house of cards came tumbling down. The whole pot of salt in my tray of veg. DAMN! I tried to rescue it and hoped she would not 
notice... lol. I noticed. :)  Anyhow, it was just the one half, other half of tray was fine. Tasted amazing! 
My oven grilled vegetables 


Fish simmering in the pan. 



For the fish;
I used Cabillaud. Struggling to find a good tasting fish in France. Marinate about an hour in lemon juice, wild black pepper, teaspoon of apricot jam.  Pan fry for 10 minutes in drop of olive oil. Easiest thing in the world! 

For the veg, just mix all your favourites.  I have cabbage, butternut, potatoes, mushrooms, peppers.  Give it a whizz of olive oil, grind of salt and pepper. I love lots of rosemary on this and oven bake on 200deg for about 60-90 minutes.  Depending on how you like your veg. 



It's easy to impress me. I don't need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I'm happy. I'm satisfied. I'm content.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...