Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Haywire on holiday!

Hey my friends...

I asked some of you what you would like to read about.  Many responses was about diet.  Also, dieting on holiday.  I have written about my 'home diet' so many times before, so I will do 'holiday diet'.

When I go on holiday, I don't diet.  I have a few guidelines I apply and follow.  This works very well for me. The purpose of going on holiday is to relax a little and enjoy yourself.  You can still do this, while not adding loads of pounds.

My basic guidelines consists of this.  I have complex carbs with my breakfast. This is the only time of the day I have these. With complex carbs, I refer to oats, or a wholewheat toast.  Then I have protein, either in powder form, or eggs.   I cut down on my fruit, except, if I am working out.  Then you can get away with much more.

The remainder of my meals will consist of vegetables and protein (fish, beef or chicken) or salad.  I skip all sauces and dressings as these calories add up REALLY fast!

I know this can be hard, but it is important to cut back on nibbling in between meals.  Another big this is to avoid sugar laden soft drinks or juices. Rather hydrate with some cool, fresh water.

Another thing, when I am holiday and I feel like having a cocktail, I will have it.  I have a love for mojitos and will not deprive myself of these in my downtime.

All work and no play makes Mel a dull girl....  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...