Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My competition tanning routine

I was asked about my tanning routine for competition. 

 I do not think I do  anything different from anybody else,
 but I will tell you how I do it.  

There is no right or wrong way to do this, this is just MY way.   

I like to use Jan Tana products.  I really like the colour it gives you on stage.

So, here we go.  Get all your waxing done at least 2 days before the show.  Exfoliate really well at least 2 days before the show.  Dead skin cells can make your tan appear patchy. 

The Jan Tana skin prep works well for this.
  


Depending on your skin tone, you can apply a light coat the evening before the show.  I am quite olive skinned, so for me this is not necessary.  

I apply the tan like this.  I use this round sponge, spray the mousse onto the sponge and starting from my legs apply the mousse in circular movements.  You will need a full lenght mirror.  When you see stripe areas, immediately rub it out as this dries quite fast! I always need someone to tan my back.  

I wait about 20minutes before applying  my 2nd coat.  Then let it dry about 30minutes before getting dressed.  

I use the Jan Tana make up to blend my face the same colour as my body.  This really makes a massive difference! 

All this products can simple be ordered from the Jan Tana website. 

To remove tan, simply take a nice long foamy bath and scrub WELL!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...