Thursday, February 16, 2012

Overdue... :)

Fish cakes with a twist... 

You will need-
I use the ingredients in the quantities that I am suppose to weigh my food. This was 150g fish and 80g brown rice.
Cooked and flaked Tilapia or white fish of choice.
2 eggwhites
Brown rice
chopped fresh herbs
Soy sauce and spice to taste. 
Mix all ingredients well. 

Scoop spoonfuls of  mixture on a very hot non-stick pan. I coated the pan with Macadamia oil. 
Fry each side about 5-8 minutes for a very crispy exterior. 



 Our basic grilled chicken and veggies. 
I marinated the chicken in lime and soy, salt and pepper for a while. Then slowly pan grilled it. 













The Asparagus! 
Gee I love these!!! 
Did you know this about my favourite green veggie??? 


1 - can detoxify our system
2 - has anti-aging functions
3 - is considered an aphrodisiac
4 - can protect against cancer
5 - reduces pain and inflammation
6 - can prevent osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
7 - reduces the risk of heart disease
8 - can help prevent birth defects



 The Dragon Fruit... 
I recently tried this for the first time. It was okay. The taste is not worth the price, in my humble opinion! ?

BUT i have to say, that looking further into these funny looking fruits, they do have numerous health benefits! 

They are rich in minerals, vitamins, fiber, antioxidants. Well, almost any of the good ones you can think of! 

Great low calorie snack!  Eat up! :) 



t

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...