Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Orange Almond flour cake with Titan whey cream cheese frosting



Hello ladies,

Hope everyone is well?  I went on a big baking spree over the weekend.  One recipe that stood out to me was this almond flour cake.  It was superb.  I ate the last piece today and it was still amazing so I can say it lasted 5-6 days in the fridge.  Great for 'make-ahead' snacks.  This delicious cake is also refined sugar free and gluten free.

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
150g honey
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
150g almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

I wanted to give this cake a zesty orange flavor, so I added the juice of 1/4 of an orange and about 1-2 teaspoons grated orange rind.

Mix everything together very well and bake for 45 minutes ( or if toothpick comes out clean) in 200 degrees oven.

Optional frosting:
60g Titan whey in vanilla
160g medium fat cream cheese plain
1 teaspoon orange rind
2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
Mix very well and top once your cake has cooled off.

Makes 8 servings.  This will become a regular thing in my house from now on!  :)

Bon ap!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...