Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Butternut and Cauliflower Cottage Pie


Hello Friends,

Today I'm sharing a delicious recipe with you that I threw together in no time at all.  This was so fast and easy and I think it has more flavor than the real deal.

You will need 1kg butternut and 1 large head of cauliflower.  Steam or cook them together until soft

In a pan grill together 1 large onion and 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic. Add 1kg extra lean beef mince and spices to taste.  I added 1 packet of savoury mince sauce (optional) .  When the mince is slightly cooked, add to oven dish.  I love to use the red braai spice from Ina paarman on my red meat. 

Blend your steamed butternut and cauliflower until smooth.   Salt and pepper to taste.  I added freshly chopped chives for extra flavour.

 If the consistency is too thick to spread, add a little bit of the water you steamed your veggies in.  Just be careful to not add too much, as  you don't want the mixture to run.












Now you spread the butternut mixture evenly over your mince in the oven dish.


Oven bake for about 30minutes at 200deg.


There you go.  You can thank me later :)



Bon appetite!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about cauliflower. Please keep sharing. Cauliflower Juice Benefits For Disease

    ReplyDelete

Packages and rates for 2022

Melissa Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen Eta Qualified Personal Trainer Trifocus Qualified Specialized Nutrition Online Coach Weight loss an...